Is finally here. It is nearly 4 in the afternoon and everything is just about done/ We have made table decorations, Steve has cooked eh gammon and made a trifle and I have made meringues with the left over egg whites
The boys , all 3 of them are sat on the sofa watching Narnia and I am about to go and join them. I think I love the anticipation of Christmas almost more than the day itself. It can often be a hectic day with overexcited children and a whirl of cooking and entertaining. This evening is my favourite time, when the kids are bathed and ready for bed, reindeer food has been sprinkled and a mince pie and a small whisky left out for Santa. Steve and I can sit on the sofa with a drink or two and relax and enjoy the peace
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year
No comments:
Post a Comment